Lace Techniques Workshop – Diamonds Among Seeds
Stole or Scarf
Teacher: Angela Childress, That’s Stitch Tastic
Date: February 17th, and March 17th at 10:30 am – 1:00 PM.
Skill Level: Beginning / Intermediate
Costs: $75.00, includes the following:
- 2 – 2 ½ hour – Workshop Sessions
- Original Pattern plus code to add pattern in PDF format to Ravelry Library
- 2 skeins of Bartlett C. James – Marble Chunky
- 1 pair of Size 11 Circular Knitting Needles
- 6 ½” x 6 ½” Cardboard Square for making fringe
- Use of blocking mats and blocking pins during part 2 of workshop.
Workshop Seating: Limited to 6 Participants
If you have mastered the beginning skills of knitting, and are ready for a little bit more, this workshop is for you!
This workshop will be an in-depth look at skills used in most lace knitting projects and participants will have plenty of opportunity to practice each skill.
Once the beginning lace skills are practiced, participants will begin to construct their own lace stole or scarf from the pattern. Participants will also be confident in their skills enough to create other projects on their own.
In Part 1 of this workshop, beginning lace techniques will be taught and exampled. Participants will practice these lace techniques, and begin creating a practice pattern swatch.
Participants will also practice reading a pattern, and learn how to follow a pattern from a chart.
In Part 2 of this workshop, participants will have assistance trouble shooting problems. Then the sewn bind off will be demonstrated, and participants will block their practice swatch.
The session will end with participants beginning to cast on for their desired stole or scarf.
This workshop features an original design created by Angela Childress, “Diamonds Among Seeds”.
- Additional Materials Required – Not Included in Workshop Fee:
- 1 skein worsted weight dishcloth cotton
- 1 pair knitting needles, size 7, 8, or 9.
- Round Stitch Markers.
- Row Counter or Scrap paper to mark rows completed
- Small Scissors
- Tapestry Needle or Yarn Needle
- Blocking Pins and Blocking Mats (Blocking Mats and Blocking Pins will be provided for use during part 2 for blocking practice swatch.)
- Medium crochet hook to assist in picking up dropped stitches
- Size J, K, or L crochet hook to assist in adding fringe to border